It’s a feature for Personal and Business accounts.
You can find Roles page clicking on Manage → Roles in the top menu of the dashboard.
Global rules take effect on all of the objects in D2C. If you need individual rules, you need to use local rules.
There are no restrictions on the number of roles.
How to create a new role¶
- Click Add role at the Role page
- Give it a name
- Choose access you want to give or copy from the existing role (you can also find presets:
- Click Confirm
Edit a role¶
You can update any role at the list of roles
You can find Members page clicking on Manage → Members in the top menu of the dashboard.
How to invite a new member¶
- Click Invite member at the Role page
- Specify an email and name
- You can set a role at this step. But it’s not necessary as you can edit roles and permissions anytime you need
- Moreover, you can give access only for a period of time at Access until field
- Click Send invite
- An email with a confirmation link will be sent to a new member. It requires to have a D2C account to accept the invite. If this email is not registered in D2C, the new member would be redirected to Sign up form.
Edit a member¶
You can update settings for members using the edit button at the list of members.
This is a feature for Business accounts only.
When a local rule is set, it has priority over global roles.
The lower the position of a rule in the interface, the higher priority an object has. The hierarchy:
- Global role (the lowest priority)
- Global member
- Project role
- Project member
- Local role
- Local member (the highest priority)