If you want to deploy services on your own in-house servers or at cloud providers that D2C does not currently support, you can do so. We provide a script that checks whether your host complies with the requirements to be added to the D2C dashboard and be a part of your project.
Supported operation systems and requirements¶
- RAM: 0.5GB miminum, 1GB or higher recommended
- Ubuntu 18.04/20.4 or Debian 9/10.
- Kernel version >= 4.2. We do not recommend 4.12 and 4.13 because of their poor performance in VXLAN tunneling: 60x decrease
- Free disk space: 5 Gb minimum
- Opened incoming SSH port
- For the Weave network to work, you must open ports 6783, 6784 (TCP/UDP)
- hostname should be unique and cannot be named as “localhost”
- For better performance, we recommend ensuring that VXLAN tunneling is allowed
D2C does not support hosts with installed Docker to prevent any configuration conflicts.
How to connect own host¶
Step by step tutorial¶
- Sign in into your D2C account.
- Click Connect own host
- Give it a name (you can also add labels but it’s not necessary)
- Open the host page and copy the command
- Connect to your host via SSH
- Run the command you copied before and follow the instructions in the terminal